Wednesday 6 May 2020

State of Alarm - day Fifty

I enjoyed a longer night of unbroken sleep than I have done in a long time, and was so relaxed it took me ages to wake up and get going. When I finally did, I had some ideas about next week's bible study to write with, and somehow the morning just slipped away, and it was three by the time I got outdoors and walking.

I explored the upstream edges of the ravine or torrent, as it's called locally, and which in Andalusia would be called an arroyo - basically a dry river bed, often overgrown with trees and bushes, where water may flow in times of deluge, but where normally the river runs underground through porous rock. I was looking for a possible footpath in or alongside the ravine, but couldn't find one. It was just too overgrown. Later, I walked a mile up the main road to the point where a road bridge crosses the torrent. There was no sign of footpath access here either, and yet, walkers who know the area say there is a footpath up the torrent somewhere... to be discovered another time.

Lock-down restrictions are to be eased further this coming weekend. It may even be possible for groups of people to meet who aren't relatives. It may be possible to make small plans for a social existence again. But we shall see. It all depends on infection rates continuing to drop.

No comments:

Post a Comment