Sunday 31 May 2020

State of Alarm - day Seventy Three

Today was a little cooler and cloudier, with light wind, which I suppose is just right for Pentecost Sunday. I woke up late for first antibiotic of the day, ate a little, then as the sun was starting to rise and the dawn chorus competition between cockerels and dogs was starting, against the background of the dawn chorus, I had this idea.

I stood the Sony HX90 on the balcony railing and held it there while it ran in movie mode for just over three minutes, to record these early morning sounds. I thought this would be a good setting for a Pentecost Prayer, which I had yet to write but had ideas for. Although I haven't really had the time and energy to master the Windows 10 video editing app, I noticed that it gave to option of adding a sound track, and thought I'd experiment. I returned to bed and dozed for two hours,  then listened to BBC Radio 4 Sunday Worship, coming from Cardiff's Elim Pentecostal Church in my former parish of St John the Baptist. It was nice to hear local accents again.

After saying Morning Prayer and the words of the Pentecost liturgy, I couldn't stay awake. Although I didn't feel physically tired, I was still very sleepy, and didn't get up until midday. I assume this is just part of recovery. After lunch, I recorded the script for the prayer which I'd written in dribs and drabs through the morning when awake, then added the audio to the trimmed video file. It turned out to be simpler than I thought, except that there no instructions to speak of, and I had to work it out by trial and error. I was pleased with the outcome, uploaded it to YouTube and sent the link to Dave at teat time. I was pleased to be able to honour the day in this way, even if nobody but me would have minded if I didn't upload anything. Soli Deo gloriam. 

No serious return of the sensations of trauma just suggestions, linked to wound discomfort. While the wound is still swollen and sore, it is less so, and requires a lot of attention to keep comfortable and fend off those dark anxious clouds which had dogged me for two weeks without realising what was happening. Know your enemy! I did a 7km evening walk with no difficulty, and as ever the exercise did me good, plus the extra dose of fresh air we got today.

Anthony came over for another chat this evening, he'll be moving in downstairs tomorrow, once he has handed over a dog he's been looking after. This will change things for me, hopefully take my mind off the dark clouds. Taking plenty of extra rest seems to be vital.


 returned to bed

No comments:

Post a Comment