Tuesday 26 May 2020

State of Alarm - day Sixty Eight

I work up yesterday after more than ten hours of sleep, aware that painful swelling had developed in the muscles close to the wound, with my head still foggy and hurting. This confirmed the worst fear which I had when I arrived at Can Misses yesterday. It was just the way I felt when things went bad for me in Montreux two years ago, Maybe there was nothing for the examining doctor to feel or see. There is now. I spent the day lying down or walking around the house to check if it was changing. No chance of being about to sit down.

In the evening, Jayne drove me to the Urgencias in St Antoni, and the doctor who examined me soon realised the truth of what I was saying. He gave me a week's course of antibiotics also some pain killers. By ten thirty I was back at the house, eating a nice dish of veggie pasta which Jayne thoughtfully brought with her.

I slept, and as ever I woke up several times, each time my head was clearer and ached less, evidence that the antibiotics were starting to work. The wound leaked nasty looking fluid and hurt horribly. It might have been even worse without the pain killer I took before sleeping. After ten hours in bed, I got up and had breakfast, grateful to have physical strength and a clearer head. The main thing now is to be very disciplined about taking the pills and doing enough gentle exercise to help the muscle to expel the rest of its nasty payload.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear you are not well Keith and hope you make it home soon. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete