Tuesday 26 May 2020

State of Alarm - day Sixty Eight, later

A day of warm winds, sun and cloud. I woke up early, took my antibiotic and returned to bed for another three hours. The improvement is slow and steady, and the amount of washing of self and clothes needed increased. I relieved myself of the need to keep checking the cistern is full enough by turning the well pump on for half an hour. It's now completely full.

The toxic pain in my head is less, but down below is still very swollen and painful. I seem to have plenty of strength but need to tackle everything at a modest pace. Solveig came over to check me out in the evening, and bring me some things I needed from the Pharmacy. She also brought some delicious goodies for supper, including a wondrous bowl of ripe apricots, I shall cook them, half a dozen at a time, in a little water without sugar, but maybe experimenting with different spices - cinnamon, nutmeg, chilli?

I had an email from my nephew Jules in Dubai late Monday, or was it Tuesday? My time-line is fractured at the moment, to say his mother, my sister Pauline is seriously ill in Bristol Royal infirmary. And it's not covid-19. Her local general hospital in Weston super Mare is over-run with covid patients and closed to all others. Her daughter Nicky is able to be with her but Jules is stuck in Dubai, under strict lock-down rules.

Afterwards we walked several kilometers and enjoyed the sunset. Impossible not to feel sad at the thought of not seeing my lovely elder sister again in this world.


No comments:

Post a Comment