Saturday 26 September 2020

Another waiting day

Thankfully, feeling better again today, making progress in overcoming this cold. As for the rest, we'll see in due course. The condition of the wound isn't improving. Too much sitting around has never done me any good. 

Saturday pancakes for breakfast again! Otherwise, another waiting day like yesterday, with a walk up to Llandaff Weir and the Cathedral on a bright and sunny afternoon. I didn't go into the Cathedral to pray, this time, but prayed outside the West door, as nobody was coming and going at that moment. I've kept myself at a good distance from people when out of the house this week, as I usually do anyway these days. Until my cold is over I  won't enter enclosed spaces.

Although Cardiff's new lockdown restrictions don't start until this evening, Media Wales reported that the city centre was considerably quieter yesterday evening than the week before. Pubs and clubs have to close earlier already, but any reduction in mass movement is going to make a difference. I wonder how the local student halls of residence are faring with contagion risk managment? In some other University cities there have been more outbreaks in halls. Only to be expected.  

Tomorrow we'll worship on-line. 'It is meet and right so to do' staying at home for the sake of others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment