Wednesday 30 June 2021

Software annoyance

I celebrated the Eucharist at St Catherine's this morning with ten others, observing yesterday's Feast of St Peter and Paul. On the way home, I collected the week's veggy bag from the drop-off place, then cooked lunch, as Clare had a morning meeting in school. I needed a siesta afterwards, before going to Beanfreaks to collect the groceries Clare ordered, while she got on with making and bottling the strawberry jam. She said the strawberries were over-ripe, and the end product was a little more runny than she hope for, but to me it still tasted delicious.

Finally I settled down to record and edit Morning Prayer for tomorrow, but when it came to making it into a video slideshow on my new laptop, the Windows 10 Video Editor would not allow me to use the photos I had edited, and I don't know why. I had to revert to using a different video editor Movie Maker with the same photos and audio on my old slow desktop machine, and this worked as it ever did. The Video Editor app on this machine also worked using the same material when I checked later. I have a feeling that there's a slightly different version of the software, or operating system and it's behaving obstructively. Typical of Windows. If it can screw things up and annoy you to the point of despair it will. At least tomorrow's video is now safely uploaded to YouTube, ready for the morning, even if it did take far longer than I expected to finish the job.

It was nearly nine when I went out to the park to clear my head and complete my walk for the day. Clouds in the sky were beautiful shades of pink and grey. I notice two pairs of policemen walking around the edge of Llandaff Fields in opposite directions - looking for miscreants or homeless people camping I wonder?

No comments:

Post a Comment