Friday 20 May 2022

Travel all sorted

I spent a long time in bed but didn't sleep well, fretting about the incomplete flight bookings. It took me a while after breakfast to summon the courage to look at my bank account on-line, and find both payments had gone through, completing the process, even if we were still owed the proper email. We have enough to get our boarding passes now, and that's all that matters.

The chaplaincy treasurer has already ordered the re-imbursement of my flight and is insisting on paying for Clare's return flight, despite me insisting it should be at my expense, since she's only coming for two weeks. How very generous!

After breakfast I recorded and edited the rest of next week's Morning Prayer audio, then got to work on a Sunday sermon. Clare cooked a chickpea curry for lunch, while I went out an did some grocery shopping for our foodbank offering, and dropped the bag off at St John's.

Because my back was grumbling (in sympathy with Clare's?), I lay down on the bed after lunch and fell asleep unintentionally. Another trip to the shops was needed before finally going for a walk in the park.

This evening I watched another excellent episode of the Usedom Murders as the German's call it, rather than the 'Nordic Murders' Channel 4 mistakenly calls the series - mistakenly because the German-Polish border is not exactly Scandinavian in geography or culture. It's low key, rural domestic, usually not at all violent. The German equivalent of Midsomer Murders, you might say, but richer in character portrayals.

No comments:

Post a Comment