Tuesday 10 May 2022

A day with the children

After good night's sleep all round and a late breakfast we walked over to Bute Park to the Summer House for a cup of coffee and a few photos, including this one from Kath's iPhone. It's a pity that Owain has work meetings today and can't come over until the evening. It would be nice to have a picture of all five of us in the park, but it wasn't to be.


As it was a mild and sunny day, we spent time in the garden after lunch, with Rachel playing the guitar she keeps here with us, and later her Grandpa's 'cello. With Rachel's help I cooked supper, so Kath could eat before driving back to Kenilworth. 

Owain arrived from work an hour after she left, to eat his share of supper, then Rachel Owain and I sat and talked until bed time. Reminiscing about the past, prompted me to look up stories I wrote about people at the time of the St Paul's riots in 1980, and read one of them to Owain. It took me a while to track down four pieces of writing I'd done from that period, and file them in one place. About time too really. Owain seems to think a local history group might be interested in them. I'd like to publish them as a collection of short stories, but whether I'll ever get around to  doing this is anybody's guess. 


No comments:

Post a Comment