Monday 31 July 2023

Recovering

I woke up late after an unpleasant night of fitful sleep. Gradually during the morning the flood of mucus abated along with the coughing, although it is painful to cough as every muscle in my rib cage is stressed and painfully stiff. I spent much of the day resting or sleeping, lacking in energy to go out or do anything else. Still no headache, sore throat, shivers or high temperature, so I'm convinced it was allergic reaction to something in the air or something I've eaten that I reacted to slowly to begin with. Bread, particularly the shop bought wheat kind frequently gives me a slightly runny nose, though not home baked bread for which we use a mixed variety of grains. 

Instinctively, I've steered clear of bread and just eaten fruit since yesterday, and this seems to have helped. It could be a cocktail of things unknown, in the air or in food, amplify the body's reaction. I wonder too, if the series of covid jabs boosted my immune system as designed, but to the extent that I get an over strong  immune response in defence to anything that's invasive. I may never know, but if reducing or eliminating manufactured bread makes a difference that's not hard to do. Home baked bread is best, and therapeutic to make. There's a bowl of mixed flour set aside for the next batch of loaves. I've not been able to work with it this past few days for reasons of hygiene. Tomorrow if I have the energy, I may be well enough to do so.

After supper I started watching a new series on iPlayer called 'Wolf' from the BBC Wales Cardiff studios, a nasty crime thriller about a home invasion in a rural Monmouthshire mansion. It's too slowly paced for maximum melodramatic effect, inviting you to use the fast forward button. The storyline also has a police procedural interlocking with it involving a disappearance and a cold case, which sustains interest more than the horror scenes in a posh house somewhere in the vicinity of Monmouth, but where isn't revealed.

No comments:

Post a Comment