Monday 4 March 2019

Family celebration in view

It's my sister Pauline's 90th birthday today. I rang her and sang Happy Birthday to her and we talked for half an hour. She's as lively and engaging as ever, coping with the ailments of ageing but young in spirit still. Friday coming, Clare and I travel Weston super Mare and stay a couple of nights. On Saturday, there's a family birthday lunch for her. Owain, Kath, Anto and Rhiannon are coming to join us, and stay overnight Saturday. It will be my first outing from Cardiff in six weeks, and a bit of a logistic challenge, in terms of wound care. I told the nurses about this, and we'll be kitted out with three days worth of medical supplies to see us through.

While I was out at the clinic this morning, a phone call came through for me from someone higher up in the UHW admin team, wanting to talk to me about my appointment concerns, so clearly the phone call to the Local Health Board hotline on Friday last has produced a result. I was asked to brief the admin supervisor about my situation in haste, as she was about to go into a surgeon's team meeting. I explained what I needed to know, and asked if I could be put n touch with the surgeon who would be accompanying me for subsequent outpatient appointments and procedures. Would it be Mrs Cornish again, or would it be the team leader who delegated the first job to her? No answer was forthcoming but she promised to ask.

Well, that's one small step forward, but until I know where I stand, I shall continue to wake up at four in the morning and lie awake wondering and worrying for an hour - and pay for it later in the day when tiredness creeps in again. It's been like that for the past several days.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment