Sunday 8 September 2019

Fruitful season

Today we had a long lie in and a lazy morning, then went blackberry picking in the boundary hedge on the northern side of Pontcanna Fields in the afternoon. Between us we picked a kilo, which Clare then transformed into a delicious puree. It goes nicely with the tasty cooking apples I was given on Thursday at St John's from Ruth's generous garden tree. "Last year no fruit" , she said. "This year more than we can eat or store."

I'm getting used to being back in waiting mode until the next op, reassured by having received a new appointment letter this morning, confirming what the surgeon told me on Thursday. I'm comforted as well by the continued improvement in my condition, even though I am still being rudely awakened in the small hours of the night, by a strong sensation in my perineum of receiving an electric shock, as nerve ending reconnect. Each night at the moment, however, I find I'm able to sleep longer, waking up 3-4 times rather than 5-6. 

After supper, I caught up on the latest BBC Four crimmie "Darkness - Those who kill." It's grim, with a strong sub-theme on the impact of childhood abuse, and violence against, with mini discourses on criminal profiling thrown in, hence the English title, I suppose. I'd love to know how accurate the info is in reality, but am disinclined to start reading up on the subject.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment