Sunday 8 September 2019

Running, timing, waiting

Kath and Rhiannon ran in the Cancer Research fundraising 'Race for Life' 5k fun run through mud yesterday. Being well balanced and fleet of foot, neither seems to have fallen, to judge by the shared photos, only their legs and shoes were a mess. Rhiannon was the one all the sponsor money went to, and she raised £85 from family and friends bless her.

With my Sunday service duty plan overturned by recent events I joined Clare sitting in the pew at St Catherine's this morning. Sunday school has re-started after the summer break and two dozen young children came in during the Eucharistic prayer. I wish they all came in, either before it, and learn to be present as others pray, watch if not sing, or enter at the conclusion. There's be no harm in a pause long enough for this, so that all could join in saying the Lord's Prayer together. Either way makes it a better experience for adults and children alike, even if it requires a bit more thoughtful managing.

Clare went to Bristol for her monthly study group in the afternoon. I was grateful for sunshine and warmth again, as my daily walk took me through Bute Park, discovering some marvellous trees on a path which I hadn't walked before. The younger heron was perched on a rock below the weir. Does any fish ever get caught by the river's herons or cormorants, I wonder?

There was nothing I wanted to watch on telly, so I spent the evening reflecting and writing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment