Thursday 23 July 2020

Frustrations

After breakfast I walked to St John's, open for private prayer from ten until midday. Half a dozen  people were chatting and drinking coffee on the grass outside. After spending time in the church, I joined them, before shopping at Tesco's for a few small items on my way home. I then cooked lunch and went for an afternoon walk.

The wound is giving me a different pain and discomfort after exercise. I think that the infection is returning or perhaps never really went away. I have an ECG and blood pressure test tomorrow, so I'll write and request a telephone consultation before I go. It's so frustrating. I suspect I'll not get rid of this until I have another round of surgery, and there's no longer any guarantee that it will be the final one, as I think the persistent infection trapped in the tissue because it hasn't been tackled early enough, won't easily be got rid of.

More discussion and email exchanges today about Paul's death notification. Philip Thomas, organist at St John's City Parish Church phoned, hoping to learn more about Paul's death. Paul was always  supportive and helpful to the church, making sure access was possible at tricky times, right through redevelopment, also making sure organ concerts went into the city centre events diary.

Let's hope Paul's successor is as well informed and understanding, and not a power hungry smart-ass intent on disrupting long standing good relationships between the Council and the Church. After Philip's call, I wrote to Sarah, priest in charge of St John's to ask if she'd be willing to host, at some time in the future a memorial event for Paul.

As I switched off my Windows machine at the end of the night, before switching off the router, it went into a system update routine, discouraging switch off or withdrawal of the internet. It was busy for another half hour before finally closing. I went outdoors before midnight, hoping to see the comet Neowise, as I have done on several nights this week, but a light covering of high cloud or haze obscured the stars as well as the comet. It's so  disappointing, and yet more frustration.




No comments:

Post a Comment