Wednesday 15 July 2020

Wednesday friends re-united

St Swithun's Day today. At least it didn't rain!

After breakfast I had a phone call from my GP in response  to my email of yesterday. She's booked me in for an ECG next week, and promised to write to Mrs Cornish the surgeon as I had expressed concern about the need for at least an examination of my wound, as it's nine months since she saw me. Since the infection, its stability seems to vary widely from day to day, which makes me wonder if I am still managing it correctly.

Mid morning there was a socially distanced coffee morning in the gardens of St Catherine's held at the time we'd normally celebrate the midweek Eucharist there, and maybe will once more in a few weeks from now. It was great to see people for the first time in five months with whom I have kept contact via email, such a happy reunion. The church garden looks so well cared for and abundant with fruit and veg too! Last week there was a produce sale which earned £140 for church funds. When will be the next, is what people are interested to know.

In the afternoon I was called by a HSBC Safeguarding officer enquiring about the small trust fund I manage, as there's been no activity on it for several years. He wanted to know if it was still needed, as it was only intended as a 'holding account'. I was able to explain the situation to him satisfactorily, as I'm in the throes of handing over trusteeship to someone with a longer life expectancy. I'm of an age where it would be far wiser to relinquish such a responsibility, rather than leave this as a legacy issue to be sorted after my demise. Progress to complete the handover has inevitably been delayed by the pandemic, but the path ahead is now straightforward thankfully.

This evening I took part in a Parish Zoom meeting to review and discuss the future offering of on-line services. It's been popular and appreciated, and I'm very proud that Canton Benefice was one of the first to broadcast a live Eucharist. The challenge is how to sustain this along with the offering of public worship in churches, which will require so much more effort to prepare than ever before.

Unusually, I completed my daily 10k in three shorter walks today. It's proved to be not nearly as tiring. Interesting.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment