Thursday 2 July 2020

A different kind of lockdown

Today has been an unexpected nightmare. As I was washing and getting dressed after breakfast I moved in a way that I don't think was unusual or abnormal and was hit by a piercing pain in my spine at pelvis level. It was so bad I nearly collapsed. A trapped nerve, thanks to unchecked pelvic rotation I reckon. It took me all morning and half the afternoon to free myself up enough to be able to stand up straight and walk a distance.

Getting treatment isn't going to be easy because of current restrictions, so managing the problem is essential, and fortunately I've learned enough from past treatments to apply to careful movement, and avoidance of seizing up altogether. It'll make looking after my wound particularly difficult, as this involves twisting turning and bending. It's the very last thing I needed just as I was regaining my freedom, but as Clare said, the tensions of the past four months may persist in the body after the mind has let go and relaxed. They need to work their way out. Whatever next?
  

No comments:

Post a Comment