Friday 24 July 2020

More pills

I was phoned and later emailed this morning by Arthur Pierce, Cwmbran Funeral Director arranging Paul's service at Gwent Crematorium a week Monday. It has to be small family affair. The building cannot take more than a dozen under present restrictions. Sarah emailed me to say that she'd be glad to host the eventual memorial service. She welcomed my participation in the service, but while I'm happy to liaise and help plan such an event, I'll be content to sit among retired city centre workers, and let her be seen to be the pastor of those currently active, who worked with Paul. Stepping away from a public role in the city rather than stepping back into it, is what I must learn to do.

I wrote a note for the doctor before going to the surgery for my ECG. There's a strict one patient at a time discipline in place now, and for tests and examinations staff are kitted out with PPE. It can't be easy for them. When it was taken, my blood pressure was 'through the roof' according to the person who took it. I wasn't surprised, I've suspected it's been creeping up for days. After lunch I went for an early walk. Not long after I returned a GP rang me, and told me to resume taking the Doxazosin supplementary medication to reduce the systolic pressure immediately. She also agreed to prescribe me more antibiotics, and at tea time I went to the surgery to collect the prescription. The ideas was that I should start them after taking the Doxazosin for a few days, unless I felt no better. As the evening wore on I felt worse, and started the antibiotics before bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment