Tuesday 28 July 2020

Another Bristol trip

Another day of clouds and sunshine, and a short walk after cooking and eating lunch, before we drove to Bristol for another very beneficial osteo treatment. While Clare was being treated, I walked around Durdham Down. I haven't done that for fifty years, since we were both students at Bristol University.

Wales On-line published an obituary of Paul Williams today, and his son James sent me a link to the webcast of his funeral, at which I will be officiating next Monday. Given how well known he was, to have a much wider audience than the dozen family members at the crem poses a challenge of a kind I haven't had before. This will require extra thought and preparation to do him the justice I think he merits. 

It was good to hear today that weekday services in church are now under consideration. Tomorrow we have another coffee morning in St Catherine's grounds, a chance for the Wednesday group to meet in the meanwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment