Friday 31 July 2020

Egg on face

A cooler day today, with nothing but our usual routines. Strangely I feel better for exercise and regular meals and have a reasonable amount of energy. I came to the end of the antibiotics and the wound condition seems to have improved, but my blood pressure is still worryingly high, and I am still feeling unwell. Having I emailed the GP surgery on Wednesday night to express my concern, I received a phone call appointment yesterday. I was told I've been referred for a full cardiology examination, as a result of my ECG readings, but given no idea when. My request for a diagnostic blood test was responded to with a surgery appointment next Friday. It was going to be a fortnight hence when we're en famille in the Gower, so special pleading secured me an earlier one. It still seems a long time to wait. 

I told the doctor I thought I was getting a bad reaction to resuming the Doxazosin top-up blood pressure medication so was unsure about increasing dosage to lower high systolic pressure readings. As it's not happened before, I was concerned the reaction might be something not yet diagnosed. It's funny how you can forget transient things however. When I was having a spell of grogginess in the morning, it occurred to me that I'd felt like this in Ibiza, and realized it was a matter of not drinking enough water. How could I have forgotten? Well, I believed I already drink at least two to three litres a day, but it seems this isn't enough, and the antibiotics also had an impact on my gut. After re-hydration, the worst of the symptoms went away, which gave me confidence to increase the Doxazosin incrementally and see what difference it makes. I feel a  bit embarrassed about this, and will wait until Monday to report back.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment