Monday 9 January 2023

Feeling the cold

A bright clear sky sunny start to the day. Housework as usual on Mondays after breakfast. I then continued working on talks to go with the Lent programme and Clare cooked lentil curry for lunch. A cold wind blew when I went out for an afternoon walk. It was seven degrees but felt much closer to zero. Only when I felt chilled did I remember that I bought a new long winter overcoat a few weeks ago but it's not been hanging on the coat rack but the space under the stairs, Out of sight, out of mind. I'd better move it!

I checked the progress of the snowdrops on the avenue through Pontcanna Fields. More are emerging now, including several small clumps of them, as opposed to single ones. I met Gareth from St Catherine's with his wife Irene on the path by the Taff, and learned that they're going to be in Fuengirola while we're there. They're keen about taking their daily paseo so no doubt we'll see them out and about unless they come to church first.

Clare had a visit from Diana while I was out and they talked until it was nearly seven. Meanwhile, I tidied one of my Google photos accounts and archived a few gigabytes of locum photos to an archive hard drive. It's a fiddly process and takes time. It's the sort of thing you can occupy yourself with when you've nothing better to do and are avoiding concentrating on work.

After supper I watched this week's double episode of 'Silent Witness' back to back on my laptop, as Clare was watching something else on telly. Despite the heating being on, I found the middle room chilly, so I put on my new overcoat for the duration. It's just right to wear when sitting around and just watching.

An unusually complex case about 'county lines' drug running recruitment and people moving illegally across borders both ways, for reasons of than exploitation. Complex, and hard to follow. So many people, so many twists and turns in the story it was hard to follow. So many long chase sequences on foot that could be cut out and save ten minutes air time, while compressing the story-line un-necessarily in others. Rather odd really. Nice to go to sleep under a clear sky with a waning wolf moon visible high above.

No comments:

Post a Comment