Tuesday 3 January 2023

Unlikely story

I work up to another disappointing day of non-stop rain. After breakfast, I worked on a biblical reflection for next week's Morning Prayer offering, and then cooked paella for lunch. I haven't done that for a while. I ran out of pimenton dulce, and decided to go into town and buy some at Wally's delicatessen, to have something to motivate me to put my waterproofs on and get out of the house. I took the bus part of the way, but still got very wet. Wally's was out of pimenton dulce, so I had a fruitless journey

I visited John Lewis' to see if there was anything of interest in the January sales, but saw nothing. I was amused to see the SD card equivalent which I bought yesterday at Tesco's at more than twice what I paid for it. I hung around looking at things until my rain coat dried out, then headed out into to rain and got wet again, taking the bus over to Canton from the Holiday Inn and walking the rest of the way.

In the evening I watched the first double episode of the new season 26 of 'Silent Witness'. A rather over dramatised complex detective story with lots of forensics in it presented more like a spy thriller. The story hinged around the identity of a top officer in the National Crime Agency being a child of the Italian n'Drangeta crime cartel, corrupting and diverting investigations from above. 

It's so implausible to even consider that the female culprit's origins wouldn't be meticulously vetted by MI5 before getting a job in an anti-terror agency. Unless that's a forensic investigation tale for later in the series. Any silly idea is up for grabs in a way out series like this, as has been seen in the past. The story was weird enough but, too much of the final minutes of this story were shot in semi darkness obscuring the outcome in a confusing way. I hope this trend doesn't persist.

By the time it was over it had stopped raining for the day, more or less, so I went out for another half hour walk in the park to get some late night fresh air, and then head for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment