Saturday 21 January 2023

Phone sorted and sent

After a good night's sleep, pancakes and porridge for breakfast. It was a cold night again, and the city was shrouded with mist as well as low cloud, which persisted until the afternoon. Clare was collected by taxi for another session as a model eye patient for ophthalmology students.

I went to Tesco's and bought some credit for my sister's mobile phone, then went to the Post Office to buy a jiffy bag to mail the phone in. Then a walk in the park. Clare called on the way back home and proposed lunch at the Conway, so I went there and we ate there instead. I had fish and chips, but the batter disagreed with me and gave me terrible stomach cramps - it contained dairy products. I hadn't thought of that when I ordered. 

A dose of Swedish Bitters and some chamomile tea sorted the problem fortunately, but it sapped my energy, so I spent the rest of the day watching crimmies on-line. First the Aussie 'Mystery Road' and then a German serial set in beautiful Passau on the Danube, called 'Dark Rivers' - with an ingenious plot line.

No comments:

Post a Comment