Thursday 9 February 2023

Surf's Up!

As soon as I was awake this morning, I posted this week's Morning Prayer link to Whatsapp, then spent a couple of hours recording and editing audio for next week's video before lunch. Then, a call from Caroline about a funeral next Wednesday morning at Fuengirola Crem at 11.30. Fortunately, Fr William is booked to take the Communion service, so there'll be no pressure on me to rush from one to the other. No sooner had I finished the call with Caroline than the funeral director rang and gave me contact details for the widow of the man who died. She was still at the hospital, so I had to wait until late in the afternoon to call her.

After eating I walked down to Fuengirola Puerto along the Paseo Maritime. There was a strong breeze, but the wind was just warm enough to make it pleasantly bracing. The waves rolling into the Playa San Francisco by the port wall were enormous, and the water hosted dozens of surfers making the most of the surf, a spectacular sight. I took the train back to Los Boliches, and stopped at Mercadona on my way back up hill for a second lot of groceries to see me through this week.

On return, I called Alice the widow of the man who died and have arranged to visit her in Calahonda tomorrow afternoon. I chatted with Clare before supper, as she was going out early to a choir practice. Then I called Jen to ask about arrangements for music at Fuengirola Crem, as things may have changed since I was last here. Well, not much as it turns out. Her husband John told me that it's simply a question of bringing your choice of music on a USB stick, and briefing the funeral director to bring his device to play it on. This I can achieve when I meet Alice tomorrow.

The rest of the evening was taken up with uploading just eighteen photos taken this afternoon of surfers and wild sea. Slow internet uploading makes for a lot of machine minding unfortunately. Our internet at home is expensive and set to get much more expensive, but as it's much faster, it's worth the cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment