Thursday 20 April 2023

Back in action

It was such a relief to wake up with morning and find symptoms of reaction to the jab had gone. I woke up at six thirty and posted this week's Morning Prayer video link to WhatsApp. The day off-grid seems to have done me good. My ankle was pain free all day and I walked to the Eucharist at St John's at a pace quicker than I have done for a long time. There were six of us for the service, celebrated by Father Jessie, standing in for Mother Frances who had a funeral to take. Afterwards I went to Tesco's to buy supplies for the foodbank. 

Just after I arrived there was an altercation near the checkouts between the security guard and a man stealing a couple of bottles of rum, who kept on saying "Sorry, I can't help myself, I've got to have this." Then he ran off smashing one of the bottles. A drug addict wanting to numb the impact of withdrawal symptoms maybe. Minutes later I heard one of the checkout staff telling another that the man would be back again to try again later in the day. This may happen so often that the police aren't called any longe

I dropped off the bag of groceries at the church, went home and cooked lunch. Afterwards I completed and recorded the biblical reflection written for next week's Morning Prayer, then went for a walk along the path through the woods alongside the Taff. I saw a family of three egrets on the river  near the Western Avenue bridge, and a Goosander, plus several mating pairs of Mallards and a pair of wagtails on the wing. That's almost as many recognisable birds as I saw in Fuengirola.

Clare went out to choir practice. I've decided not to continue singing with the Fountain Choir for the time being. I want to direct my spare energy elsewhere. This evening I caught up on the much acclaimed fact based drama series 'The Gold' about the Brink's-Matt bullion robbery back in 1983, very impressive story telling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment