Monday 1 May 2023

Bank holiday sunshine treat

I woke up to find that sunshine had returned today. A good start to the month of May. After breakfast we did the usual Monday housework tasks, then I cooked lunch. Afterwards, while the house was quiet with Clare having a siesta, I recorded and edited both this week's and next week's Morning Prayer and Reflection, made the video slide shows to go with the audio and uploaded them to YouTube. Three straight hours of undistracted productivity! 

Clare has booked us three nights in the Oxwich Bay Hotel at the beginning of July. I'd already set aside the inside of a week in the middle of this month, but the three nights wth a bedroom overlooking the beach is too good to miss out on. Hopefully we can find somewhere else to go spend the time set aside.

When I finished work, I walked over to Tesco Extra to look for a new electric razer. I've not succeeded in recharging my phone. I don't know why, but don't without an electric razor, as shaving with blades alone is not particularly good at giving me a smooth aged face. I bought one that's much the same specification but the same make and cost ten quid less. Coming back along the Taff Trail on the far side of the river, the woods were carpeted and the air scented with flowering garlic. Bluebells are out as well but their aroma is masked by the garlic at this particular time of year. Hundreds of young people gathered in small groups in Pontcanna Fields, and in Llandaff Fields there were several large family groups of Muslims enjoying their picnics as well. It's lovely to see the parks so well used. 

After supper I found a new set of episodes of the very dark French crimmie series 'Crimson Rivers'. The plots are bizarre and verge on the improbable, always with a touch of the horrific about them. I don't know why I bother.

No comments:

Post a Comment