Tuesday 27 June 2023

Hairdo time

A cooler cloudy day today, but quite pleasant nevertheless. After breakfast, I drove over  to the University School of Optometry to collect two new pairs of glasses and buy some computer printer paper in Lidl's next door. I'm surprised at how quickly Clare and I get through a ream of paper in this so called paperless digital era. 

We had an early lunch before an afternoon hairdressing appointment with Chris over in Rumney. He treats us both very well and we have great conversations with him. Usually while Clare is being seen to I go out for a walk in Parc Trederlech nearby, but I didn't feel like it today, perhaps because there was much to say after Martin's birthday party on Sunday.

After we got home crawling in tea time traffic, Clare went off to her meditation group, and I went for a long walk in the park. I met Jan and Peter, out walking their Bedlington terriers. It was great to chat with them as they walked their neatly shorn dogs. Jan is hosting a symphony concert at the Res next Tuesday featuring a lesser known 'Concierto Andaluz para cuatro Guitarras' by Joaquín Rodrigo in its programme, enough reason to go. It's one I've never heard before. The guitar soloists are from the Royal Welsh College and we'll be in the College for tea in the afternoon anyway, as supporting members.

I had supper on my own as Clare are before going out. After she returned, I spent the remainder of the evening writing a reflection for next week's Morning Prayer and preparing for tomorrow's funeral.

No comments:

Post a Comment