Wednesday, 29 July 2026

Acupuncture to the rescue

I woke up from quite a good night's sleep feeling fresh and clear, but once I'd taken my morning meds, the world closed in on me again, slowing down my thinking and perception and undermining my ability to get on with normal life. It's just as well that I had decided to give up posting my Wednesday Morning Prayer YouTube video slot. I felt too ill to attend the midweek Eucharist. Rachel commented that she thought the medication was too strong, to be having such a bad effect.

I had an acupuncture appointment with Peter after a lunch of delicious fresh mackerel. Rachel walked with me to Parkwood Clinic to be sure I reached there safely. I walked there without difficulty, but felt as if I was enclosed in a bubble that prevented me from sensing my environment properly.

Peter talked through the impact on me of my stay in A&E as he treated me. He too thinks my prescribed medication is too strong and could be having such a negative effect. It's something I need to discuss with my GP soon. By the time I left the clinic the sensation of being trapped in a bubble reduced considerably. When I got home I promptly fell asleep in my arm chair for nearly an hour. 

Owain arrived in time for supper. He has a work meeting tomorrow in Cardiff, which enables him to stay overnight with the added blessing of spending time with Rachel. It's great to have them both here with us at the same time. I just wish I felt better enough to savour the pleasure of their company.

No comments:

Post a Comment