Thursday, 30 July 2026

Drought

I slept fairly well despite inevitable interruptions from a full bladder. Another cloudy humid day.  A state of drought has been declared in half of England's counties, and in North Wales.  There's been virtually no measurable rainfall for two months. It's not only South West France and Spain that are fighting huge forest fires. There are wild fires in Suffolk and in the Cairngorms too. 

I was awake in time to say goodbye to Owain as he left the house to attend a work meeting in Cardiff HMRC. I felt light headed but reasonably clear. After taking the morning meds I didn't feel nearly as terrible as I did yesterday, my sensory awareness wasn't as blunted the way it was before yesterday's acupuncture. Even so, coping with the light headedness made walking feel unsteady, although I was steady on my feet.

Meanwhile my nostril wound has dried up even more and shed the scab covering its surface, which means I can now breathe through both nostrils at the same time. This will make a difference to my ability to relax in sleep.

I went for a blood test appointment at the surgery after breakfast. On arrival, I was sent straight to the treatment room, having been recognised approaching the surgery from an upstairs window by one of the practice nurses!  I was told that I'd get a message by SMS to advise me of the result, and of the next step.

For months we've been unable to install a new toilet bidet as the one we bought is designed for American plumbing. Investigating the correct piping adapter to connect it to the mains has been frustrating. Rachel, bless her, has set about investigating how this may be done, making enquiries of local hardware stores

Clare and I walked to Thompson's Park for a cup of tea mid afternoon. The central garden containing the statue 'Joyance' by William Goscombe John is full of a variety of brightly coloured plants and tall golden grasses at the moment. It's a delight to behold.

After supper, Rachel made a batch of hummus according to her own recipe with a subtle touch of cayenne and paprika highlighting the chick pea flavour. My head cleared enough for me to go out and walk for ten minutes to get some cool fresh air. The western sky was tinged bright pink by the setting sun. Worth making the effort to go out and see before going to bed somewhat refreshed.


No comments:

Post a Comment