Friday, 2 October 2026

Better news

Another night when I didn't sleep as well or as long as I hoped for. Perhaps it's just nervousness before I go to UHW for my cardio appointment. I still needed to check with Santander bank that all is in order with my saving account now that the transaction network system is behaving normally again, so I repeated the trip made yesterday. There are no concerns about my account. It turns out the error message encountered yesterday registered as a duplicate of the one I attempted to make, which is not allowed in the transaction protocol. I saw no evidence the on-line transaction had gone through as the account page hadn't updated due to the network outage. The bank clerk confirmed that it was now displaying correctly. All is as it's meant to be. I sent a message to Owain, now over in Geneva, mentioning the slow updating. He too had been in contact with Santander and told it would take a couple of days to update the display of pending transactions.What a mess!

Then I went to the bus station for a bus to UHW and found a number seven was scheduled to go directly to the Heath up North Road. This journey took me only twenty minutes. It meant I arrived an hour earlier than I needed to be there for the appointment. I bought myself some sausage roll and kefir drink for lunch and whiled away the time updating my blog. At least I was punctual arriving. A half hour waiting to have my weight, blood pressure and temperature checked, and an EEG taken. 

Then, an hour waiting to see Dr O'Neill. He was aware of the fact that I'd stopped the dipyridamole medication, and satisfied in view of the general improvement in my condition that my sensitivity to it was reason enough to continue without it. The fact that I'm physically active with good stamina led him to consider there's no need for me to be fitted with a pacemaker. He's booked me in for an echo cardiogram in a couple of weeks time. I came away feeling light hearted and most grateful. Nothing to worry about. It was sunny too.

A crowd of people were waiting at the bus stop when I arrived. Then two number nine buses appeared at the same time, followed by a number seven, which took me as far as the Blackweir Tavern. I walked from there the rest of the way home across Blackweir and Pontcanna Fields, completing my step count for the day as I reached home.

After supper I found a new crimmie to watch on ITVX. 'Winter' is the name of a pathologist with a keen eye for detail, involved with police investigations into violent crimes. He has a tragic unresolved history as his own wife was murdered and the flawed criminal investigation into it left him unsatisfied, looking for answers. The series caught my eye as it's set in Clifton Bristol, where we spent our undergraduate years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment