I didn't have the good night's sleep I needed to face a lunchtime hospital appointment. Santander notified me of a fixed term high interest savings account account transfer I needed to make, so I went to my online account after breakfast to deal with this and encountered an error message that made no sense. I asked the Sandi bot the reason and was logged out of my account. Nothing I could do would let me back in. The site froze on me.
I went to the bank branch in town on my way to UHW and discovered their network was down. On line news and comment revealed this is not the first time recently. Satisfied that it was not a mistake I made, or a malicious attack, I took a 110 bus UHW. It took an hour and ten minutes to get there, touring West Cardiff suburbs. Each time it stopped, the idling engine rattled the bus so strongly it was like sitting next to a pneumatic drill working flat out.
I bought a snack lunch and waited an hour for the appointment, only to find I had come a day early - a diary error. I didn't think I could cope with another draining bus ride so I walked home.
We had supper early than took a taxi to the Millennium Centre for WNO's performance of 'La Boème' on a bleak grey minimalist stage. Some of the aris took me back to childhood musical evenings at home with my sisters and Uncle Mostyn singing with Mum playing the piano. We were lucky enough to get buses after the performance, so we were back home by eleven. I was surprised to find I had walked eight miles today, and wasn't as exhausted as I would have been when I was taking the clot busting meds.
No comments:
Post a Comment