Friday 20 September 2013

Making connections

I had a bereavement visit to make this morning in connection to a funeral I've been asked to do next week. One of the children of the man who died turned out to be the licensee responsible for a pub in the city centre. Inevitably, we talked about RadioNet, CBS and current challenges and difficulties of maintaining standards and running a decent business in the city centre. 

From there, I went to Holm Tower hospice in Penarth to visit my cousin who was admitted earlier in the week. He couldn't be in better hands. Afterwards, on impulse, I went down to the Barrage and walked out to Penarth Head. The tide was out as far as I've seen it, so I took a few photographs before going home. 
I had intended to go into the office and process a batch of crime reports, but a few phone calls, funeral and sermon preparation put paid to that idea. Ashley was in Milton Keynes for a Crime Partnership conference. We spoke in the evening. It appears to have been a fruitful day for him. Lots more to get on with next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment