Friday 14 March 2014

Don't forget to drink

Only one person turned up for the Lenten study group this morning, so I gave the handout I'd prepared, and we parted company unapologetically. Linda came by and we went to inspect the new Chaplain's house. All it needs is the electricity supply connecting and all the lights purchased for the house to be installed, then I can move in, hopefully in the coming week.

Before lunch, I walked to and from my chiropracter appointment, aware of considerable improvement over the past few weeks. It's down to fine tuning now, and I don't have another appointment for twelve days. Then I did some food shopping, returned and cooked lunch. I had intended to go back to church in the evening for a quiz night, but fell asleep watching the news, forgetting that I could expect to be tired after the treatment, as my musculature de-stresses. 

The thing Mogens Dahl keeps reminding me is of the need to drink a lot more water than I think I need, not only during treatment but all the time, as this will also help with the catarrhal congestion which has me coughing constantly at the moment. Thank heavens there's no infection, just irritation and discomfort. It's just a matter of changing habit. Mogens says I'm blessed to have a wife who notices, and reminds me to drink more water at meals, but at the moment she's not here, so I have to get used to reminding myself.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment