Tuesday 4 March 2014

Shrove Tuesday

This morning I walked East along the Paseo Maritime from La Cala looking for birds to photograph. The path is squeezed in between the busy noisy N340 and the beach, so it´s not the most congenial of strolls. But I did see a flock of what looked like oystercatchers feeding among the seaweed on the rocks along the water line, but when I checked later I learned they were sanderlings. There was only one cormorant out on patrol, none roosting on the rocks as is usual on this stretch - I see them from the car going to Fuengirola. The best photos I get were of a fishing boat at work just off the beach. The birds were rather too well disguised against a seaweed background.
Apart from this, plus a visit to the supermarket, I didn´t venture any further today. I got my sermon done and polished up my Lent course material for this week. Linda cooked a grand selection of savoury and sweet pancakes for supper, a real treat. Then it was early bed to be fresh for an early start tomorrow.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment