Thursday 13 March 2014

Upper Guadalhorce Valley

I drove up to Coin to celebrate the Eucharist this morning. The weather was kind and the birds were signing in the trees outside the Iglesia de Cristo chapel. After coffee, Caroline invited to me lunch at her house on the other side of town, a ten minute drive away. The house is set in a hillside overlooking the upper reaches of the Guadalhorce valley. The Sierra de Mijas towers above Alhaurin in the background to the south.
Behind Coin, the Sierra de las Nieves lies much further away to the west. The view down across the valley below is a colourful patchwork of different kinds of orchard, and the cultivated fields of market gardens. It was a rather hazy middle of the day so the photos don't really do justice to the landscape. There's lots of bird life too. I saw a kestrel on patrol as I was parking the car.
I returned to Los Boliches to meet a man who approached me at yesterday's coffee morning about receiving spiritual guidance. We talked for three quarters of an hour, then it was time to get ready for the monthly ministry team meeting and discuss arrangements for Holy Week and Easter. Everything has to be sorted out well in advance because the bi-montly chaplaincy magazine goes to press in the coming week. It was getting on for nine by the time I got back and started eating supper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment