Saturday 29 March 2014

Family re-union

After yesterday morning's Lent group in church, I took Eddie and Ann with me to visit Cortico Carranque, as I'd arranged to meet with Angela and Martin to plan next Friday's quiet day there. We were treated to an excellent paella lunch, and interesting conversation. I timed the return journey to be back in Los Boliches by six for a chiropracter appointment, but when I arrived the place was closed, and later I discovered that I'd got the date and time wrong. The invitation to lunch with the Archbishop of Malaga and the appointment clashed, but I failed to notice it. If my back was still hurting I wouldn't have made an error so stupid.

Clare's flight was due to land in Malaga at 12.40 today. I prepared a meal before I left to pick her up and did some shopping in Los Boliches on my way there. I timed the journey to minimise the wait, in the hope that arrival would be punctual. At 12.24, as I was about to turn off the MA20 Autovia to enter the airport zone, I saw a Vueling jet coming into land, and wondered if it was Clare's 'plane arriving ahead of schedule. Indeed it was, and after only 20 minutes waiting we were on our way back to La Cala, and re-union with Eddie and Ann over lunch. Later we walked down to the beach and looked around the village. I took this photo using the camera's timer, to celebrate the occasion.
I was amused to find that it appears to show me shackled to the object alongside us. It's some sort of removable storage unit, probably for chairs, and it's chained to the bench.

No comments:

Post a Comment