Sunday 23 March 2014

Feast for Lent

My first service this morning was at Calahonda just ten minutes drive from La Cala. Thirty adults and six children present. I didn't sleep quite as well as I needed to and wasn't quite as alert as I usually am, and ended up leaving my reading glasses behind. Lately, I've got used to carrying two pairs at a time, however, just in case, so I didn't have to go back and pick up another pair on my way to Los Boliches. 

There were fifty people again at St Andrew's. At the end of the service, some took their leave at the end of their holiday, while others, just arrived introduced themselves or were re-united with old friends. It's striking how good some permanent residents are at remembering those who come and go according to season.

Peter and Linda invited me to lunch with two friends at the Restuarant Olé just down the hill from the house. I had a huge salad,  preceded by a plate of the delicious house green olives and followed by a large grilled plaice, with a few glasses of  Navarra vino tinto to wash it down, and that was enough to keep me going for the rest of the day. I'm very glad that Sundays in Lent aren't fasting days!


No comments:

Post a Comment