Sunday 9 March 2014

Under the weather

Saturday gave me a chance to edit and upload photos, update my blog and get my Sunday sermon printed off, not to mention fruit and veg shopping for the weekend. In the evening I watched several episodes of M*A*S*H* on satellite TV. I must have seen the whole series at last twice when they first came out in the seventies. I laughed out loud all the way through yet again, amazed at how well the medic' hilarious witty sit-com repartee has survived the test of time, and how many profound and serious issues regarding war are sensitively treated, even with black humour.

This morning I drove up to Alhaurin to celebrate the Eucharist direct from La Cala on the back road. Not only is almond blosson out now, but also mimosa and, I'm told, olive blossom. My lungs have been pretty congested this past few weeks as a result my reaction to various things in the air, but I recall from previous occasions that mimosa gives me a hay fever type reaction in addition, so my chest felt pretty tight by the time I arrived. Fortunatley this had little effect on my speaking voice and I was able to function properly in taking the service. 

After a half hour in the open air drinking coffee with members of the congregation after the service, I headed back for the office in Los Boliches to Skype Clare before returning to La Cala for lunch. For a change I took the route through the outskirts of Mijas pueblo to enjoy the view. I was glad to get back and lie low doing very little for the rest of the day. This is perhaps the only down-side of being on the Costa del Sol. Over a period of time, no doubt, the body adjusts to the variations in environment and atmosphere over and above the weather. It's just as well I don't have a cope with a full work schedule and can take my time about things.

No comments:

Post a Comment