Wednesday 19 August 2020

Acupuncture again

I had a rather disturbed night's sleep, overslept by an hour and had to listen to 'Thought for the Day' by back tracking the Radio Four 'Today' programme on BBC Sounds by an hour while it was still running. A very useful facility. It rained all morning, and I couldn't get my act together in time to go to the midweek Eucharist at St Catherine's. Ah well, sometimes you lose.

I started the new Doxazosin 8mg slow release tablets at breakfast time. There's seems to be no escaping the light headedness this drug produces, but the increased dosage has reduced my blood pressure almost to normal. It doesn't explain what caused it to skyrocket a couple of weeks ago, but hopefully my next blood test on Friday will shed some light on this.

I cooked lunch and had an acupuncture appointment with Peter Butcher immediately afterwards. When the ten minute notification sounded on my phone, I realised that I'd not left enough time to walk down Cathedral Road to Parkwood Clinic, which is Peter's new Cardiff work base, so Clare drove me to get me there on time. I came away from the treatment feeling less fragile and more stable. Heaven knows how acupuncture works, but it does work for me, and helps rebuild my resilience after a rocky patch. 

I went straight home, and slept for an hour and a half before going for my walk in the park. The river Taff is swollen and coloured a rich earthy brown after a spell of heavy rain upstream. Small beaches along the riverbanks and the islands of pebbles are all under water, with the exception of a small mound of stones where a solitary gull and a bewildered bedraggled looking goosander were perched.

In the evening we watched a couple of programmes about Japan, one about the natural environment and another nature inspired Japanese art. An aesthetic feast.

No comments:

Post a Comment