Friday 21 August 2020

Side effects

 I went to the surgery to have another blood sample taken for testing this morning. I hope it's possible to find out soon what's causing my blood pressure rise such that I need this extra medication which affects me more than it should to reduce it. It's hard to do anything that involves sitting or standing quietly for long as it makes me feel light headed, slightly intoxicated, as if I'm losing my equilibrium, although I never do. It's not good for sustaining concentration and undermines confidence. Only when I walk or am really active does the sensation subside. The remedy really is worse than the ailment it sets out to cure.

In the afternoon, Clare sieved all the pips from the blackberries collected and cooked yesterday, to make a beautifully flavoured puree, four small glass jars' worth. I walked to the Aldi supermarket on Western Avenue to stock up on a few of their select wine bargains, two different Utiel-Requena reds and a generic French Pinot Noir. There was nothing worth watching on telly, so I went to bed early

No comments:

Post a Comment