Friday 6 November 2020

Staycation round two, day eleven

Glorious sunshine again today, all day. I walked indoors before lunch and outdoors afterwards when it was slightly warmer. Although it looks increasingly certain that Joe Biden has won the US Presidential Election, votes in the remaining key states are still being counted, and Trump, increasingly isolated with his key White House team continues to challenge the likely result by attempting discredit the process. So the wait continues with political pundits and broadcast media working overtime to fill the news vacuum with ephemeral opinions and reactions. It's surreal, like an over the top Netflix drama. 

I decided to email the pre-op assessment team at the Heath to alert them to the slightly bewildering information gap between their team and the Spire's team. It would be good to have some clarification. I got an auto-reply and no follow up phone call. The response said emails were checked daily, but didn't say if that included weekends. I guess I missed today's round. Let's see when I hear, or even if I hear.

Then I had another call from Karen at the Spire hospital to check on when I usually take my medication. From the conversation I got the impression that if it had been a morning op., I'd be asked to omit just the Losartan and take it later. As it's a confirmed afternoon appointment it seems not to be critical. It's something to do with being anaesthetised I think, and not having my blood pressure lowered too much as I go into surgery. It wasn'r an issue on three previous occasions when ops were in the afternoon. The conversation left me with a degree of uncertainty, as I was told it was up to me whether or not I take the Losartan when I get up as usual, or not.

I was expecting a phone call about tomorrow's planned covid-19 test, but none came, I called the surgery at tea time to ask if they had a phone number for the local test centre. When I rang the given number, I got a message stating the office was closed. Will it be open tomorrow or not? No information. How will I know if the mobile testing team has me booked in, as I have no written confirmation. I know better than to trust people promises when they are under pressure. 

More seriously, I have no means of checking tonight. The test has to be done three days before. Not knowing is a worry, What if is on my mind since I learned that the Spire had my home address down incorrectly. Who else has this error replicated in their diaries? I think I'll have to kick up a fuss about this if I don't hear tomorrow by mid-morning, as it would result in my op. being postponed again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment