Friday 27 November 2020

Time wasted

After breakfast I knuckled down and made a couple of efforts at a first video service recording. The first was too long and that meant pruning texts I'd prepared yet again to get them the right length. I second try was OK, but with a second or so of irrelevant footage at the end I wanted to trim away. No a problem in a video editing suite on my Windows 10 PC, except that the rendered edited file wouldn't play full screen on a phone and was a tenth of the size it needed to be. It tried every rendering option I could think of, to no avail, and wasted hours trying. 

Just as annoying was the fact the the PC wouldn't recognise my phone. I had to save the edited video file to a SD card, to transfer it to my Linux laptop, which has no trouble at all recognising my phone and its supplementary storage. As a result of losing so much time, my daily walk started mid afternoon and finished in darkness, and it was even colder still today, so tomorrow I'll go out in my ageing ski jacket and wear gloves. Time to give up wearing sandals for the winter too.

I tried every method I could think of to trim the end of that video without success. I have wasted so much time on this today, without success. That imposes even more pressure to record each service in one straight take. I'm dreading it. Only late this evening did the PC finally decide that it could and would recognise my phone, long after I found a workaround and gave up hope. I wonder if it will remember again tomorrow,

No comments:

Post a Comment