Monday 30 November 2020

Older phone poorer memory

I woke up in good time this morning to upload the first Morning Prayer video I prepared on Saturday, after listening to 'Thought for the Day'. Accidentally, I posted it to an individual rather than to the Parish daily prayer WhatsApp group, but spotted the error before the upload finished and cancelled it. When I tried uploading it to the correct destination, my phone stalled and complained that it was running out of memory. It a problem I often have, as factory default apps I never use can't be removed from the phone. They take up too much space. I have to limit the number of apps I install, and not allow data that can't be installed on the removable SD card to accumulate in the phone's internal memory. Redundant data needs removing to avoid the kind of problem I encountered. I had to do this before successful in uploading the 50mb video file of the day.

This week's uploads take up 500mb of space on the SD card, but when files are uploaded to WhatsApp, copies remain in the WhatsApp / Media /Video / Sent sub folder occupying much needed memory space. It wouldn't matter if I had a newer phone with 16 or 32GB of internal memory, but why should I? I prefer to take photos and make videos with a camera, not with a phone. Normally I don't need vast amounts of internal memory as I haven't needed to make phone videos until last week. Receiving a lot of videos on WhatsApp causes the phone to choke up, so I make a regular practice of removing almost everything I receive once it ceases to be of use or interest, or storing it on the SD card. I'll have to make a check each day this week to ensure this doesn't happen again.

I had a short walk before lunch and a longer one after lunch, and spent time writing and adding photos to my digital collection of pictures stored on hardware I own and not just on-line. Then an evening in front of the telly, with nothing better to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment