Monday 26 April 2021

Op date assigned

I was just about to settle down to say morning prayer in honour of St Mark the Evangelist this morning when I received a 'phone call from the hospital. The anaesthetist had already read Saturday's pre-op report and added me to the day surgery schedule for May 28th. Now at last we can plan a week's holiday because we know where we stand. A cottage by the sea, early June in West Wales is what we're hoping to book. 

Another glorious sunny day today, with curried lentils, rice and veg for lunch in the garden. Then I walked into he city centre to take photos on this much awaited day when it became permissible to eat and drink at tables outdoors once more. i can't say that every open establishment was crowded with people queuing for a table, but it was fairly busy, you could say as busy as you might expect on an ordinary Monday. It's nice to have photos that contrast with those take when the centre was deserted for so long due to lock-down.

It's tragic to see the pandemic raging out of control in India, people dying in the streets waiting for treatment at overwhelmed hospitals lacking in oxygen to keep sick people alive. Just as covid deaths are reducing to single figues per day here, they are reaching a couple of thousand a day in India, with a third of a million new infections as day. The country caught unprepared for this huge surge in numbers, and Narendra Modhi's government has a lot to answer for.

I spent the evening watching episodes of NCIS that I haven't seen before from the more recent series. Then there was a full moon to gaze at, brushed lightly with high cirrus cloud. I'm not expecting great things from the photos I took, but it was lovely to look at above the roof tops. It made me remember the three full moons I saw in a crystal a clear pollution free sky last year in the countryside in locked down Ibiza.

No comments:

Post a Comment