Tuesday 27 April 2021

Creative spurt

Thanks to a gentle flow of ideas, I spent much of the day writing my next round of reflections for the Parish WhatsApp prayer group. A letter confirming my surgery appointment arrived in the lunchtime mail. Unlike previous ones it's an morning rendezvous, 7.30am. I'll have to take a taxi to Llandough, as Clare may not be cleared to drive me there, if her field of vision test turns out unfavourably. I had to ring up and confirm acceptance, as the procedure now includes a covid test before three days self isolation. 

Jackie came over for lunch in the garden. She moves house to Stroud in a couple of week's time, and is currently waiting somewhat nervously for the sale formalities to be completed. At 78 she's uprooting for the first time in twenty years, moving away from friends to be nearer family. Quite a challenge.

Later on I walked, first around Thompson's Park and Llandaff Fields before tea, then continued writing reflections, before and after supper. To clear my head before bed, I went for a short walk around the block and realised that tomorrow is rubbish collection day, so I put out the recycling and organic waste bags, a job Clare usually remembers before I do, but tonight she was in the lounge absorbed in listening to an album of Art Tatum playing piano. It's what she needs to do as she gets to grips with playing by ear and improvising jazz. It's great that she does this.

Yesterday she planted some beans in a seed tray and by this evening a couple were poking their heads out of the compost, so I took close up photos with three different  cameras for comparison. It wasn't as easy as I imagined with different lenses. Hand held close ups can be as difficult to get sharp pictures of as distant telephoto subjects. Working at both ends of the lens range may well be more effective with the camera on a tripod using the timer. Lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment