Saturday 10 April 2021

Bay walk

A better night's sleep, awake in time to upload today's Morning Prayer video right after listening to the Archbishop of Canterbury giving a well crafted three minute eulogy on Prince Philip in the BBC 4 Radio 'Thought for the Day' slot. He ended with a one sentence connection to Christ's call to his disciples to follow. Nicely done.
Our regular Saturday lie-in and pancake breakfast followed, then a trip to Dinas Powis to have coffee with Jacquie. She moves house to Stroud in a few weeks time and gave me several books by Pierre Teilhard di Chardin that belonged to her late husband Russell, complete with his annotated bookmarks and underlinings. Reading them will be like having him standing beside me enthusing over a spiritual master whose ideas influenced his life journey. When we returned I cooked a paella for lunch.
Again, I hadn't intended to siesta, but ended up spending an hour and a half asleep before setting out for my walk of the day. This took me down to the Bay wetland nature reserve and back, some 12km, and at a better pace than I've been walking recently. Vsriations in my physical energy level are a mystery to me, but I'm grateful on those occasions when I have a really good day.
After supper I uoloaded my photos from the past few days, and then watched an episode of 'The Young Montalbano' before turning in for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment