Monday 23 August 2021

Going red

I slept a good nine hours again but felt sleepy most of the morning, as if I hadn't slept. I don't know why this happens. I vacuumed the carpets, then rang the surgery, and was told there was nothing of concern in the report on my blood test of last week. What I hoped for.

I walked into town before lunch to buy a new strap for my ancient Casio watch at the 'Just in Time' stall in the central market. On a whim, I decided to get a red strap instead of the black standard one which I must have replaced half a dozen times in nearly forty years of ownership. It'll take me a while to get used to it, but I think I'm old enough to be excused for being eccentric now.

I walked around to the Metropolitan Catholic Cathedral on the far side of the shopping centre, and was pleased to find that it was open prior to the midday celebration of Mass. Scaffolding has been erected in the choir and sanctuary area and the nave altar moved forward. It's not clear what work is being done on the building, perhaps it's just redecoration. That's the first time I've visited there since before the pandemic and it was good to see the place alive with worshippers, and say a prayer of thanksgiving for the careful resumption of common life again.

I got back late for lunch, then prepared Thursday's Morning Prayer, wrote a reflection, and recorded it all before driving over to St German's to celebrate the Eucharist with  five others in honour of St Tydful, the Martyr who gave her name to the town at the top of the Taff Vale. After supper I edited all the sound files together. recorded earlier.  It all came together quickly, in time for me to watch this week's new NCIS episode. Then, to my surprise, Rachel called to chat with me while she was driving from Tempe to Los Angeles for a recording session. She had to ring off when her oil warning light went on. I hope this won't stop her from getting there and completing her project.


No comments:

Post a Comment