Tuesday 24 August 2021

Firstfruits

St Bartholomew's feast-day today, the anniversary of my father's death in 1974. A warm and sunny day, but I didn't get outdoors until the afternoon. I drafted a sermon for next Sunday and cooked lunch before going out for a walk. I took a container with me and picked over half a kilo of blackberries, the first fruits of the fast ripening crop this year. Looking forward to blackberry and apple crumble tomorrow, when I've bought some cooking apples!

In the evening I completed work on Thursday's Morning Prayer video and uploaded it to YouTube. Then we watched a 'behind the scenes documentary about the wide ranging work of conservators at the British Museum. Fascinating, the sort of job Clare would have loved to do in a different life.

No comments:

Post a Comment