Monday 2 August 2021

Getting ahead

I think yesterday must have drained my energy reserves more than I realised. I got up and had breakfast late and then returned to bed and slept again until noon. More than ten hours sleep and thirteen in bed seems to have helped remedy the imbalance. Maybe I need to accept that being older means that I need more sleep that I expect, if I am to remain as physically active and work as much I can enjoy taking on.

After lunch, I completed work on this week's Thursday Morning Prayer and uploaded to YouTube. Getting this done early removes the pressure of a deadline to meet. I don't cope so well with pressure any more and take more time to prepare everything well in advance. I walked for an hour and a half, and met Fran and Mark while I was in Thompson's Park. She's delighted with the silver pendant which Clare made for her on Mark's commission, for her birthday.

I drove to St German's to celebrate a vigil Mass of St German's Day at six. I went on my usual route around the south side of the city centre and ran into a lengthy traffic queue at the junction of Tudor Street and Clare Road. Tudor Street is going to be one way for a year, and there's a new arrangement with traffic lights reset and causing queues on north south and east west routes. A fifteen minute journey yesterday was a half hour journey today. Just as well I gave myself three quarters of an hour to get there, just in case. I will try another route when I return to St German's on Wednesday.

After supper, I watched an interesting programme on BBC Four about the art and architecture of Baku in Azerbajan. the world's first oil producing country in the mid 19th century. The this week's new episode on NCIS, and another half hour walk in the dark before turning in for the night. Who knows? Maybe for another long night's sleep?

No comments:

Post a Comment