Tuesday 4 January 2022

Frustrations

After breakfast, I accompanied Clare on a trip to the dentists in Llandaff North, just for us both to be reassured she is comfortable about driving, as she's not done so for a long time. She got behind the wheel and started off with complete confidence and drove without any anxiety that her glaucoma might cause. The  real frustration is that her deteriorating field of vision impacts upon her at reading distance. It's sad, as she's an avid reader of books on her Kindle, and it's gking to affect her jewellery work as time passes.

I have been frustrated by not being able to make phone contact on two counts today. One was with the University School of Optometry, to arrange repair of my treasured mid-range reading glasses. Last time I called I got a recorded message saying their were closed for the holidays, this time the number just rang and rang without cutting out. I made another attempt to contact the social worker arranging Friday's funeral, about which I needed information, but only got her answering machine. The Funeral Director is chasing me for the same information.

Rufus came over for a chat and a walk around the parks with his two dogs in the afternoon. It was bitterly cold as the sun headed for the horizon, but I got a nice sunset photo as we were parting company.

This evening we watched 'Rocket Man' the bio-pic about the life of Elton John, which I had seen before but Clare missed. I didn't make it to the end, as the need to sleep well and get up for an early start made more sense. It's a brilliant musical, full of glamour and sadness, but Elton is still alive, a happy family man whose story isn't yet completely told.

No comments:

Post a Comment