Thursday 27 January 2022

Genocide remembered

A good night's sleep, eight hours, five of them uninterrupted, a rarity for me. At eight, I posted the link on WhatsApp  to this week's Morning Prayer and reflection on YouTube, about on the betrayal of Jesus. 

After breakfast, Eucharist at St John's. Only six of us were there. To my surprise, no mention was made of Holocaust Memorial Day commemorations. So easy to lose sight of this. Thank God for the Jewish insistence that the six million Jewish lives lost under Nazism is not the only example of genocide in the twentieth and twenty first centuries. The real death toll, globally speaking, of populations and cultures wiped out  due to Communism and Nazism may exceed 150 million people,. We need to be even more fearful of human malice than of pandemics, it seems to me. 

I returned home after banking a cheque then started work on preparing next Thursday's video offering, while Clare put the finishing touches to painting the kitchen and screwed shelves back on the wall. We cooked together, and after lunch went for a walk around the park.

Clare went to choir practice at St Catherine's after an early supper, while I recorded and edited what I had prepared earlier in the day. Then, a couple of hours telly - Winterwatch and New Tricks, before turning in for the night.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment