Friday 21 January 2022

Investment in comfort

I worked on Sunday's sermon this morning before driving to Thornhill crem for the second of the week's funerals. As it was the funeral of a retired dock gate keeper, the majority of those attending may have been retired dock workers themselves. The deceased's brother and niece both gave fond, but lengthy tributes which made us over-run by five minutes, but it didn't seem to cause a problem for the service following.

I got back at one, and Clare was still absorbed in writing, so I cooked the same lentil and veggie dish that I invented last Friday, and was pleased with the result. After lunch I walked into town and bought myself a stout pair of walking shoes from the Ecco store, as the heels on the pair I bought six years ago are badly worn. I also bought three pairs of the excellent insoles of the Ecco brand. I bought a pair last year and found they make a noticeable difference in comfort, and seem to be more durable than other kinds. I want to use some with each of my pairs of shoes from now on.

After supper a watched the remainder of the Norwegian crimmie 'Outlier', an interesting psychological slow-burn drama, maintaining suspense throughout, but just a bit too long drawn out for me, far too many lengthy face shots principal actors feeling emotions without showing much of it at all. Anyway the scenery was stunning.

No comments:

Post a Comment